- The Surgeon
Alok Misra was born and initially grew-up in London. He later moved to East Sussex, to complete his schooling, before starting his medical training.
He is the eldest, of 3 children and is married, with a young family. He prefers to relax and keep fit by outdoor running and spending time with his family. He also enjoys all types of music but is a particular fan of the 1980's UK pop music scene and regularly subjects those who work with him to listen to his music collection of that time.
Mr Misra prioritises safety and high quality care at the heart of all his work in plastic surgery. He places a particular emphasis on the natural result, both in cosmetic surgery and non-surgical treatments he offers.
Qualifications, memberships & biography
Please see link
Alok Misra has been a NHS consultant and is in his 8th year, this year. His sub-specialist interests include hand & wrist surgery, breast surgery, skin cancer, microsurgery, abdominal & perineum reconstruction and child (paediatric) plastic surgery.
Mr Misra offers a comprehensive range of cosmetic surgery options. He has a special interest in facial plastic surgery (facelifts, eyelid surgery, nose-reshaping), breast cosmetic surgery and body re-shaping surgery (liposuction, tummy-tucks and butt-lifts).
Alok Misra regularly combines cosmetic treatments to get the best results. By using surgical and non-surgical treatment options (dermal fillers, skin boosters, peels and muscle relaxants) the benefit of both approaches is possible, for more natural and improved looks.
- Chadwick prize in preventative medicine and public health (1995)
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH) bursary for research in tendon healing (2000)
- 1st prize for MSc research at the Tissue and Cell Engineering Meeting (2000)
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons' (BAPRAS) travelling bursary to fund microsurgical fellowship in Taiwan (2007)
Professional commitments (past / current)
- Interviewer on selection committee for University College London Medical School interviewer & National Training Specialist Trainee recruitment in plastic surgery (2012-2015)
- Speciality Lead in plastic surgery at Heatherwood and Wexham Park NHS Foundation Trust Hospitals (2014)
- Elected Council member of the BAPRAS (2015 - 2017)
- BAPRAS representative for the professional standards committee (2016 - 2017)
If you would like to find out more, please contact his office and arrange a consultation to discuss your individual needs.