- Hand & Reconstructive Surgery
Hand & Reconstructive Surgery
Hand & wrist conditions
Alok Misra routinely manages emergency hand surgery NHS patients at Wexham Park Hospital. He also treats patients referred by GPs with chronic hand and upper limb conditions. He is supported by a team of dedicated nurses, hand therapists and imaging specialists (x-ray, ultrasound, CT scan, MRI), to enable rapid diagnosis and timely treatments to start. This multidisciplinary approach ensures the delivery of high quality care.
To reflect his NHS practice, Alok Misra will review hand and upper limb patients, privately, and has similar dedicated private teams to support his private practice and maintain uncompromising levels of care.
Some of the conditions and treatments offered by Mr Misra are listed below:
Acute hand injuries
- All hand injuries (open wounds or closed injuries with underlying damage to bone or joint dislocations, tendon, nerve or sprains)
- Xiapex (collagenase) injection
- Needle fasciotomy
- Fasciectomy (digital / palmar)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (median nerve)
- Cubital tunnel syndrome (ulnar nerve)
- Radial tunnel syndrome (radial nerve)
Hand & digit osteoarthiritis
- Injection (steroid, filler)
- Joint replacement / fusion
- Hand rejuvenation (dermal filler or fat transfer)
Conditions in children
- Syndactyly (fused fingers / toes)
- Trigger thumb
- Hand injuries
- Polydactyly (extra digits) / duplicate thumb
- Ingrown toe-nail
Other hand & upper limb conditions
- Tennis elbow, Golfer's elbow
- Trigger digit
- De Quervain's tenosynovitis
- Lumps (ganglion or other)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
Alok Misra is able to offer his NHS and private patients all types of reconstruction. He is able to undertake microsurgical reconstruction in the breast, face and lower limb .
The mainstay of his current NHS practice involves, skin cancer, lower limb wounds, abdomen and perineum reconstruction, after cancer surgery and injury.
He has a particular interest in the surgical treatment of pilonidal sinus disease and hidradenitis suppurativa, using local perforator flaps.
Please contact Mr Misra's team for more information or if you would like to make an appointment.